Please find below an update on the programme for Covid-19 vaccination of the population within our health care area.
- Please be patient. If you haven’t been contacted yet, don’t worry. The NHS will contact you when it’s your turn.
- Networks of local GP practices are working together and using the usual range of communications methods available to them to make contact with patients.
- Please don’t contact your GP practice, the wider NHS or any of the community venues that are hosting clinics to seek a vaccine.
- Patients are being prioritised for the vaccine according to the national prioritisation criteria; currently this is the over 80s and care home staff. More information about the prioritisation criteria is available in the links below.
- Surrey Heartlands Mass Vaccination Core Narrative (same as above) https://www.stokedabernon-residents.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Mass-vax-narrative-FAQs-SH-system-partners-FINAL.pdf
- UK Government Coronavirus website https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Priority groups for COVID-19 vaccination: Advice from the JCVI https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-30-december-2020
- Why you have to wait for your COVID-19 vaccine https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-why-you-are-being-asked-to-wait/why-you-have-to-wait-for-your-covid-19-vaccine
- The Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/